Many people need a significant amount of borrowed money. To do this, they draw up loans in different banks. If a really large amount is required, then banks need collateral, which is usually used as real estate. People should understand how to get a loan secured by an apartment, what are the requirements for residential real estate, and what problems can be encountered in the process of repaying a loan. Most often, expensive collateral is required when applying for a mortgage, car loan or a significant consumer loan.
Terms of registration
Initially, a person planning a large loan should find out from different banks whether it is possible to take a loan secured by an apartment. Not all banking institutions offer such an opportunity, and banks also impose different requirements on borrowers and collateral.
Standardly, such a loan is provided on the following conditions:
- The age of the borrower must be between 21 and 75 years, but some banks do not issue large loans to citizens after65 years old;
- recipient must be a Russian citizen;
- he must have an official place of employment;
- the apartment being pledged must not have any encumbrances or other problems;
- the borrower must be the sole owner of the property.
Exact requirements can be found in the branch of the selected bank.
Is it profitable?
This method of lending is considered beneficial for each participant in the process. A citizen can receive a large amount of funds, which he can use to solve various issues.
The bank will get its money back anyway, so even if the borrower cannot keep up with the payments, the banking institution will be able to sell the property to get a large sum.
For what purposes is it issued?
In Sberbank, a loan secured by an apartment can be issued for various purposes. But since a really large amount of funds is being issued, the borrower will have to inform the employees of the banking institution about what the money will be spent on. As a standard, a loan is issued secured by housing for the following purposes:
- construction of a private residential building;
- carrying out high-quality repairs or reconstruction of existing housing;
- buying a new property, represented by a room, apartment or house;
- improvement of living conditions, for which a large property is purchased;
- starting a business;
- developmentexisting company.
If really high-quality real estate is pledged as collateral, then banks rarely refuse to issue loans, since such lending conditions are beneficial for a credit institution.
Pros of design
A loan secured by an apartment without proof of income has many advantages for many borrowers. These include:
- in most cases, banks do not require borrowers to confirm their official employment, so a citizen can even be an unemployed person;
- funds are provided for a long period of time;
- no guarantors or co-borrowers required;
- you can get a really large amount of funds;
- it is allowed to use the money received to solve various problems;
- the right of ownership of the apartment is retained, which is pledged to a banking institution;
- banks are loyal to such borrowers, even if their credit history is negative;
- low interest rate offered;
- no need to prepare too many documents for a loan;
- no down payment needed.
For banks, such a loan is safe and profitable, since the funds issued to the borrower will be returned in any case. The amount issued must be less than the market value of the property on which the encumbrance is imposed.
Not always the conditions of a loan secured by an apartment are profitable and attractive for borrowers. Therefore, this loan is often accompanied by numerous disadvantages. These include:
- closing a deal is considered a complex and lengthy process;
- necessarily requires an insurance policy for the apartment being pledged;
- the borrower is obliged to assess the property at his own expense, with the help of which the bank will be able to understand how much money he can get if he sells the collateral, and the borrower is given an amount that is significantly lower than the value of the object;
- high chance of hidden extra charges;
- limits the rights of a person to his property, so he will not be able to conclude a deal, the main purpose of which is the change of ownership;
- if a person has any unforeseen situations that lead to a deterioration in his financial condition, then there is a possibility that the bank will sue and require the sale of collateral;
- banks rarely agree to accept as collateral an apartment that is the only place of residence of the borrower, so you need to use only additional property;
- will have to purchase property insurance every year;
- loans are issued against housing only if the apartment meets numerous requirements, so not all properties will be suitable for these purposes.
Therefore, before you take a loan secured by an apartment, you should study the negative aspects of such a decision. Sometimes it is considered more profitable to issue a standard consumer loan without collateral or with the involvement of a guarantor.
Before applying for a loan, the homeowner must decide whether it is possible to take a loan secured by an apartment. Banks issue large amounts of funds only on the condition that the offered property meets numerous requirements. The main requirements include:
- the apartment is wholly owned by the potential borrower, so there are no other co-owners;
- the object is not the only housing of a person, because otherwise in the future it will not be possible to sell it to receive a sum of money;
- the building in which the apartment is located has already been commissioned;
- there are no changes that were made by the owner without prior registration;
- encumbrances represented by arrest or bail are not allowed;
- the condition of the apartment must be optimal so that it can be used for its intended purpose.
All bank requirements must be studied in advance to determine the possibility of obtaining a loan.
Features of obtaining a loan
Banks that provide a loan secured by an apartment independently evaluate the proposed property. If it does not even meet some of the requirements, then the citizen will be refused in receiving the required amount.funds.
Rarely is a cash loan secured by a share in an apartment, because due to the presence of other property owners, the bank will have many difficulties with the sale of such an object. Additionally, apartments in which minors are registered are not accepted.
How is it done?
If a person is interested in how to get a loan secured by an apartment, then you should first evaluate the object. The report received from a specialist is a mandatory document for banking institutions. The procedure for applying for a loan is divided into stages:
- Initially, various programs offered by numerous banks and suitable for the needs of the future borrower are being studied;
- gathering the required package of documents for a loan;
- applications are submitted to different banking institutions, and the procedure can be performed not only when visiting bank branches in person, but also via the Internet;
- then you just need to wait for the decision of the banks;
- at this time, employees of banking institutions are evaluating and checking real estate, which is offered as a pledge by a potential client;
- if a positive decision is made, then a loan agreement is prepared by a representative of the bank, which must be carefully studied by the citizen;
- if there are no problems or hidden fees, then the agreement is signed;
- a pledge is issued for real estate, and this encumbrance is mandatory registered with Rosreestr;
- citizen receives a predetermined amount of funds.
It is with the help of the above algorithm of actions that a loan secured by an apartment is issued. Reviews about this method of lending are contradictory, since this method has not only advantages, but also significant disadvantages.
A smart bank choice
Before you take a loan secured by an apartment, you should decide on a banking institution with which a citizen will cooperate. When choosing the optimal organization, the following factors are taken into account:
- results of independent ratings;
- working time of the bank;
- reviews about the activities of this institution, left by direct customers;
- recommendations of special services on the Internet that specialize in comparing different banking offers;
- interest rate offered on the loan;
- other conditions that are mandatory for borrowers;
- term for which loans are issued;
- maximum amount that can be received by a borrower;
- number of documents that will have to be prepared for signing a loan agreement.
Banks that provide a loan secured by an apartment offer their customers different conditions for obtaining borrowed funds. Therefore, before starting to apply for such a loan, you should study all the requirements and conditions so that different commissions and payments do not come as a surprise to the borrower.
What documents are being prepared?
Mostoften citizens prefer to contact a proven Sberbank. A loan secured by an apartment is issued by this bank on standard terms. To sign a loan agreement, the borrower must prepare certain documents. Usually banks require the following documentation:
- borrower's passport;
- work book;
- certificate from the main place of employment containing information on the citizen's income for the last three months;
- documentation for the apartment, which includes an extract from the USRN, a technical passport and a cadastral passport, if available;
- an appraisal report that contains basic information about the property, as well as information about the approximate market price of the property;
- if the borrower is married, then you need the consent of the spouse to issue a loan and transfer the apartment as collateral;
- if a minor child is registered in the facility, you will additionally have to obtain permission from the guardianship authorities.
If you figure out how to get a loan secured by an apartment, then anyone has the opportunity to receive a large amount of funds from the bank. But at the same time, you need to be confident in your own financial situation in order not to lose expensive real estate in the future.
Where to apply?
You can get a loan secured by real estate in various banking institutions. Most often, citizens prefer to contact the following organizations:
- "Rosselkhozbank" offers non-purpose loans securedreal estate for a period of up to 10 years with an interest rate of 15%, and you can also get up to 10 million rubles;
- Sberbank offers this loan for 20 years at 14% per annum, but you can get a maximum of 10 million rubles, although the exact loan amount is determined based on the cost of housing;
- even Tinkoff offers loans secured by apartments, but the amount issued cannot exceed 60% of the market price of housing, and a rate of 11.6% is applied, although the loan term can be up to 15 years.
It is advisable to study the offers of other banks in order to choose the most optimal and favorable conditions for cooperation.
What restrictions appear?
If housing is pledged to a bank, then the owner of this object faces some limitations. These include:
- re-planning is possible only after obtaining permission from the bank;
- it will not be possible to register relatives in this object;
- it is not possible to use this apartment as collateral when obtaining a loan from another banking institution;
- you can not exchange housing or some part of it;
- an object cannot be the subject of different transactions.
The above restrictions should be taken into account before applying for a loan secured by an apartment.
Many banks issue large amounts of funds secured by expensive and high-quality real estate. Before applying for such a loan, you should evaluate the positive and negativeprocess characteristics. Additionally, it is important to choose the right banking institution that is reliable and trusted.
An apartment pledged to a bank cannot be sold or transferred. The encumbrance is removed only after the final repayment of the loan.