Is it difficult nowadays to find a job, to have a decent income? What is a qualification and how important is it for a comfortable life arrangement? Was the classic right when he said that learning is light, and ignorance is darkness? Are there retraining and advanced training of teaching staff who teach, retrain and retrain future and current specialists?
All the benefits and pleasures that society can derive from material values, it receives through the activities of people employed in services, production, science. Citizens of working age who are currently working, as well as those who have a break in work, but want to work, constitute an active part of the country's labor force.
If a person is in a normal physical and mental form, has reached the age at which he is fully aware ofresponsibility for actions (at least before the law), he can already find his place in the ranks of workers, doing simple work that does not require complex skills and knowledge. But the unprecedented pace of technological progress is increasingly narrowing the scope of such workers. The labor market needs specialists and people who are ready to improve their skills throughout their lives.
Why do you need to study again?
Studies by specialists have shown that during the year a university graduate forgets 20% of the knowledge that was not used in practice. The development of some areas of science and industry is so fast that in order to remain competitive, manufacturers of goods are faced with the need to improve the professional level of their workers. Often literally all members of the team need additional knowledge, from leading specialists to workers. Staff training requires huge material costs, so professional development usually takes place in stages, according to a plan developed by management.
How to empower staff
Professional development is aimed at updating lost knowledge and skills, familiarizing with innovative methods in the speci alty, studying new technologies required in a changed situation at work. The employer decides when to send a specialist to courses, but the state requires that this happens at least once every 5 years. Since it is possible to improve something that already exists, the improvement of competencies is available to holders of diplomasabout secondary or higher education. Ways of passing developmental education can be classified as follows:
- Targeted short-term (72-100 hours) study of materials on topics related to problems that have already arisen or expected changes in the course of work processes. The result is checked in the most appropriate way (for example, an exam).
- Listening to theory (72-100 hours) on issues that arise in the organization or in the industry, discussing it. This may relate to technology, unsolved scientific and technical problems, economic and communication problems.
- Mastering long-term (from 100 hours) courses that expand the scientific horizons of specialists. They are getting acquainted with the latest technologies, new methods of managing and managing personnel, and effective scientific developments.
- Internships are usually offered as an addition to the above services. It reinforces the information received in practice, makes you feel the advantage of new methods, changes your views on building corporate communications, and takes on a higher position. Internships can be carried out by both Russian and foreign organizations, enterprises, educational and research institutions.
Can a new life be started?
It happens that as a result of the reorganization of an enterprise, a certain range of speci alties becomes unclaimed. The administration can offer the employee a choice: to acquire a new profession or quit. Some institutions, enterprises, companies cease theiroperation or downsizing. The entire team or part of it remains without work. The employer is obliged to transfer funds to the employment office for retraining and employment of former employees. This can be perceived as a chance to master the best speci alty.
Where to study better
Retraining and advanced training of personnel can be done in different ways. The transfer of experience, introduction to the course of business in the workplace are used in the adaptation of young professionals and newly hired workers. For this purpose, briefings conducted by workers with long experience are widely used. In many engineering departments and manufacturing departments, the tradition of assigning an authoritative, highly skilled member of the team to the newcomer has not died.
The next step in expanding the skills of recruits is training in related speci alties. In addition to the fact that additional knowledge and skills (reinforced by repeated repetition of skills) provide functional interchangeability in the team in case of vacations, illnesses, time off and other situations, they contribute to the growth of cohesion and mutual understanding among colleagues, increasing interest in work.
Despite all its advantages, on-the-job training does not allow young personnel to develop their own opinion about the course of work processes, to have a fresh look at what is happening, since the knowledge transferred to them is limited by the information base and habits existing in the team. Therefore, a reasonable way out is to send active creative workersexpand your professional horizons beyond the boundaries of your own enterprise, for example, to centers for retraining and advanced training of personnel.
Methods of transferring knowledge
- A lecture is a familiar and capacious tool for presenting theoretical material to a large number of listeners. Training, retraining and advanced training of personnel are carried out by lecturers who have a deep understanding of the subject being presented, often with academic degrees, who are the authors of inventions and developments on the relevant topics. Modern equipment of institutions and society with computers, video players allows you to record classes on video and review them at home. But a major drawback of this method of presenting information has long been known - the lack of feedback from the audience. After all, it is virtually impossible to select a group with the same level of preparation and motivation, and some students do not keep up with the lecturer's train of thought.
- Seminar classes, where models of work situations are considered, help to better assimilate the studied material. Students are involved in the discussion of the situation, suggest directions for solving the problem. Then the finished result presented by the teacher is analyzed.
- Business games are considered the most effective tool for practical consolidation of acquired knowledge. They are a full-fledged equivalent of the working environment, they set real tasks for specialists. But they also require an appropriate amount of time to find the answer.
- Employer can take part inself-education of employees, subscribing to professional journals for the team, buying for them the latest textbooks and training programs. Computer programs with a teacher increase the effectiveness of self-learning.
The quality of labor resources, which is manifested in the comparative efficiency or productivity of their work, directly depends on qualifications. Qualification is the level of theoretical and practical preparedness of an employee to perform specific tasks. Knowledge enables a specialist to understand the processes occurring in production or in another area of human activity. Skills allow you to participate in these processes, to use objects and means of labor with the greatest return. Experience leads to productive ideas, planning and achieving new goals.
Retraining and advanced training of personnel are tasks of national importance. This is done by the departments of the employment service. Institutes for retraining and advanced training exist in all regions of Russia. They are armed with developed programs for transferring fundamental and applied knowledge to students, for practical training. Intersectoral institutes for advanced training and retraining of personnel are available in large cities. Examples are in the table below.
|City||Professions||Year of founding|
"Entrepreneurial activity in modern conditions", "Managementpersonnel”, “Accounting and audit”, “Sales management”, “Financial management”, “Office management”.
Builders, designers, engineers, managers, environmentalists, engineering surveys and mine surveying, labor protection and firefighting.
Heads of various directions.
Raising the level of education of specialists have the right to engage in:
- academy for advanced training and retraining of personnel;
- sectoral, regional, intersectoral institutes for personnel development;
- refresher courses, - employment service centers.
Who prepares us for life?
The labor force market dictates the dynamic development of labor resources: it requires constant changes in the content of work duties, the rapid assimilation of new knowledge. It is logical to expect that this new information has already been absorbed by people who create training programs for adult development. The specificity of the educational service lies in the fact that its quality is difficult to assess. It may show up years later. What is indisputable is that the quality of education cannot but depend on the teachers who provide training for professions. How do teachers of such responsible courses improve their professional level?
On Golovinsky highway, 8 inMoscow is the building of the Academy of advanced training and retraining of teaching staff. This is a government institution. It's doing:
• creating models of learning processes based on their own and other scientific research;
• testing these models in practice;
• the introduction of vital inventions, innovative approaches in all branches of human activity in the system of additional education;
• formulating teaching standards;
• development of a complete system of continuous professional development of educators;
• creating methods for modernizing the existing training scheme;
• finding ways of interaction between national and foreign organizations involved in the improvement of vocational education.
The Academy is a methodological center for regional, regional, republican institutes for retraining and advanced training of teaching staff. One of the main tasks of the academy remains the formation of motivation for growth in its students.
A little more positivity
A specialist who has completed retraining and (or) advanced training courses:
• feels more confident in his profession;
• is grateful to management for their care;
• Increases self-esteem;
• gets an impetus to further self-education;
• gets hope for better financial situation.
Structures taking responsibility for qualityvocational education, the systematic updating of its content, exist. It should be noted once again that the level of retraining and advanced training of personnel depends on the price paid for training. Do not think that the secrets of Microsoft technologies and similar "leaders of production" are cheaper than their products. Therefore, one should not blame educators and scientists for poverty and failures. Russian scientists, not spoiled by millions of fees, still can and do something. It is worth rejoicing at what we have and waiting for the government, concerned about the state of our beloved Motherland, to fulfill its intentions to bring the country to a higher level. Perhaps he should take an executive development program to test the situation.