Walking down the catwalk in chic outfits, showcasing the works of great designers and catching admiring glances - isn't this the ultimate dream of most young girls? After all, a fashion model is beauty, fashion, luxury and glamour. But is everything as easy as it seems from the outside?
Fashion model as a profession
Many people think that being a professional model is easy and simple. However, a fashion model is a rather difficult profession. She includes in her duties not only walking on the catwalk. In addition, there is participation in the filming of commercials, music videos or films.
Endless shooting for glossy magazines, social activities, fittings, shows, self-development, sports and constant weight control - all this is part of the responsibilities of girls who have chosen the profession of a fashion model.
The main task is to correctly present the product that it advertises so that the manufacturer can quickly and profitably sell his product. Walking the runway, a model shouldn't showmyself. She must present the item in such a way that customers want to purchase it in the same second.
What are the differences between a model and a fashion model?
In fact, if it's just a model, then there is no difference. As for the fashion model, there is a significant difference.
A fashion model, unlike a fashion model, is not required to have standard parameters, for example, 90-60-90. Her main task is photogenicity and the ability to present herself in a favorable perspective. Silent film actress, so to speak.
Model shows only haute couture outfits. The fashion model, on the other hand, advertises everything from outfits and accessories to toothpaste.
A fashion model is a beautiful, slender, tall girl. A photo model is anyone with the right appearance for a given task of a photographer. It can even be an old man or a child.
However, both there and here such important qualities as stress resistance, discipline and hard work are required.
Despite the age-old debate about the need for model schools, they exist and are quite active. Although it seems absurd at times, learning in them can really come in handy in life.
There are classes in choreography, which has a positive effect on posture, gait and movements. Girls are taught how to properly care for themselves, the basics of makeup and acting.
Experienced teachers convey to students the benefits of a proper lifestyle, require perseverance, discipline and self-control. But thisimportant qualities for any person.
Besides, novice models from such schools, under favorable circumstances, can immediately get on the podium and compete with professional fashion models.
The most famous fashion models in the world
A famous fashion model is a girl who is known all over the world, as her face graces the covers of all fashion magazines and flashes on television. Let's remember the most famous and successful models in the world.
- Naomi Campbell. "Black Panther", despite the rather advanced age for the model, still pleases us with appearances on the podium.
- Sidney Crawford. She started on the red carpet at the Oscars. Perhaps one of the most famous supermodels of the 20th century.
- Claudia Schiffer. It is she who should say "thank you" for the parameters 90-60-90. The face of a German woman has graced the gloss of magazines almost 1,000 times, and this is a record.
- Kate Moss. Moved many podium stars from their places. Despite multiple scandals, she entered into millions of contracts around the world.
- Christy Turlington. Became not only a top model, but also the main face of Calvin Klein for many years.
- Iman. Dark-skinned Somali beauty conquered the catwalk and the heart of Yves Saint Laurent.
- Irina Shayk. Russian star that conquered world designers. Included in the list of the sexiest girls on the planet.
- Natalia Vodianova. She amazed the great fashion designers with her beauty, earning the title of one of the most beautiful girls in the world.
- Heidi Klum. German modelwon the hearts of millions. Actively participates in shows, despite the new stars in the sky of fashion.
- Alessandra Ambrosio. The Brazilian stunned the fashion world with her sly fox look. Fashion houses like Victoria's Secret and Christian Dior love her.
The career of a fashion model is considered highly paid and very prestigious, but this path is rather thorny. Therefore, it is worth thinking a hundred times - is it worth it?