The profession of a customs officer in Russia belongs to the prestigious category. Becoming a customs officer at an airport or border crossing points is not easy. This requires special knowledge, qualifications, as well as a good orientation in the field of customs legislation and documentary circulation. The wages of customs officers can reach impressive sizes. Today we will find out how much customs officers in Russia receive, and also compare with earnings abroad.
Duties of the profession
In ancient times, people quietly moved from one country to another, carrying goods with them. As society developed, states began to form. Their rulers began to control the movement of goods across the borders of their country. To benefit, the transported goods were installedduties. Thus, the treasury of the corresponding state was replenished by a significant amount. And so the profession of a customs officer arose.
In the modern world, this position is occupied by an employee whose duties include controlling the movement of people and goods across the border. Before finding out how much customs officers receive, their main functions should be determined:
- implementation of screening of people and things carried by them at the border, train station and airport;
- inspection of goods subject to passage through specially organized posts;
- recording of confiscated items;
- customs documentation;
- detection of contraband and goods that are prohibited from being transported across the border;
- prevention of customs offenses.
Advantages and disadvantages of the profession
Working in the customs service has both pluses and minuses. This area is considered one of the most corrupt. According to statistics, only 3% of people employed in this field do not take bribes. One can imagine how much the customs officers receive, given their basic income and informal "rewards".
If we talk about the main advantages of the profession, they are:
- enjoy numerous benefits;
- the right to work not only in government agencies, but also in private companies;
- decent salary in the presence of the appropriate position and title;
- good pension and allowances.
Specialists who graduated from higher educationan institution specializing in customs affairs, they do not very hard work. Their duties are reduced to the preparation of documentation, less often to the inspection of goods. Anyone who works at a checkpoint has a small chance of seeing border violators. This is done by more experienced professionals. How much do customs officers who do not have work experience earn? Their average monthly income will be small - about 25,000 rubles a month.
How to become a customs officer?
To climb the career ladder, a customs officer needs to have a specialized higher education. The diploma is received internally and in absentia. In Russia, the profession of a customs officer is taught in the following universities:
- Russian Academy of National Economy.
- Technological University.
- Plekhanov University.
- Russian Customs Academy.
After learning the speci alty, you can work as a declarant, professional consultant, cargo clearance specialist, freight carrier of a transport company or manager. Upon admission, young students are interested in how much customs officers receive. Their future income will depend on the chosen line of business. At the beginning of a working career, it will be small.
What does the salary consist of
The average monthly income of a customs officer is influenced by several factors:
- Legislative salary.
- Supplements according to rank.
- Supplement for seniority.
For good work and professional performance of their duties, customs officers receive incentives in the form of:
- a valuable gift;
- honorary title;
- exemption from existing disciplinary action.
The income of customs officers is significantly increased due to various bonuses:
- additional leave that can be obtained after serving in customs for more than 10 years;
- insurance from the organization;
- free housing and equipment;
- payment for business trips;
- provision of compensation (in certain cases).
After working for some time in this position, you can apply for a promotion. To rise to the rank of captain, you need to serve in the customs authorities for at least 13 years. The higher the rank, the higher the salary increase.
How much do customs officers get at the airport in Moscow? To begin with, it should be noted that they refer to employees of the civil customs service. They have the highest incomes in the Russian capital:
- the head of the department earns about 50,000 rubles every month;
- deputies and heads of customs posts have a salary of about 70,000 rubles;
- the head of customs has an average monthly income of up to 100,000 rubles a month.
These figures include tax deductions, but do not include various allowances. If bonuses are added to the specified salaries, then the amountaverage monthly income may increase by almost 1.5 times.
How much do customs officers in the Russian Federation employed in various departments of the customs service receive? Their salaries are 2-3 times less:
- inspectors receive about 15,000 rubles monthly;
- senior and chief inspectors earn 18,000 and 25,000 rubles respectively;
- deputy heads of customs departments have a salary of about 25,000 rubles a month in net money.
Remuneration by regions of Russia
Regional specificity affects the wages of customs officers. Here their income looks like this:
- Employees of the Russian customs academy (no more than two people in management) earn about 185,000 rubles a month.
- The Far Eastern Customs Department pays its employees about 100,000 rubles.
- In the central forensic department, you can receive about 98,000 rubles a month.
- Employees of the Sevastopol and Crimean customs earn about 60,000 rubles.
How much do customs officers in Russia get at an airport in remote regions of the country?
- The Far Eastern Department pays its employees remuneration in the amount of 51,000 rubles per month.
- The Siberian Customs Administration receives 45,000 rubles.
- In other regions of the country, customs officers earn about 32,000 rubles.
How much do customs officers from nearby countries get? In the Republic of Belarus, the salaries of customs officers do not differ much. On average, this is 466 Belarusian rubles (14,510 Russian) per month. Moreover, the highest figure was recorded in Grodno - about 1,500 Belarusian rubles (46,700 rubles).
How much do customs officers get at the Ukrainian airport? Here, their average salary is about $530 per month (34,770 rubles).
In Finland and America, the average annual income of a customs officer is about $39,000 (2.5 million rubles). In Israel, this figure reaches 105,000 per year (6.8 million rubles).