The lifter in the course of his professional activity performs one main task - to ensure the technical safety of the operation of elevators. Today, qualified specialists are in demand at all enterprises where this equipment is available. The job description of an elevator operator is a document that clearly limits the duties, rights and responsibilities of the person holding this position.
General provisions of the document
This section of the instruction contains the exact title of the position, describes the requirements for candidates for the position and the main provisions. Also in this part of the document, the employer lists all the documents that the elevator operator should be guided by during work.
Appointment and removal from office is carried out by order of the head of the enterprise. When applying for a job, the applicant does not need to confirm education and work experience.However, a prerequisite is the presence of an elevator operator's certificate and an electrical safety qualification group.
The elevator operator job description states that the applicant must know:
- The design of the elevator and the procedure for its operation.
- Rules for using the lifting device.
- Functions, location and testing of safety installations and safety devices.
- Standards for the operation of passenger and freight class elevators.
- Safety precautions when working with electrical equipment.
- Scheduled shift inspection of elevators.
Working as an elevator operator also requires a clear knowledge of the rules for evacuating passengers. A qualified lifter must also be able to provide first aid if necessary. The main guidance in the work is the current legislative acts of the country, fire safety rules and the internal labor schedule of the enterprise.
This section of the elevator operator job description contains clear information about what the employee must do in the course of their activities. These functions should help the worker to fulfill the tasks and goals assigned to him.
Being a lifter includes:
- Monitoring the use of elevators entrusted to an employee.
- Troubleshooting and troubleshooting.
- Elevator shutdown in case of emergency.
- Calling a special teamtroubleshooting.
- Evacuation of people in the cockpit.
- Maintaining logs of shift acceptance and delivery.
Key employee functions also include routine elevator inspections. During this event, the worker checks the accuracy of stopping the cab on the floors of the room, the serviceability of the buttons and lighting devices. Also, the elevator operator should check how well the intercom works.
Elevator rights and responsibilities
The rights section contains information about the powers of the elevator operator, provided for by the current labor legislation, regulations and the internal charter of the enterprise. According to these documents, the elevator operator has the right to offer management methods for improving work, get acquainted with the draft decisions of the management personnel and documentation that are directly related to the work performed. The requirement of normal working conditions is also a legal right of the employee.
In the responsibility section, the elevator operator's job description indicates for which violations the employee will receive pen alties. The key points followed by punishment are non-fulfillment or dishonest fulfillment of the tasks assigned to the employee. The limits of punishment are established by the criminal, civil and labor legislation in force in the country.
How is an elevator inspection carried out?
During the shift inspection of the elevators entrusted to the worker, it is worthfollow a clear algorithm, paying attention to the most important points. The inspection procedure is described in the regulatory documents governing the work of the employee, for example, in the job description.
Inspection of the elevator is carried out as follows:
- Familiarization with the records of the acceptance of the shift.
- Checking the he alth of locks and safety switches in the car and elevator shaft.
- Spot check of elevator stopping accuracy when moving in both directions at three or more sites.
- Checking the serviceability of the movable floor, reversing the doors from the photo sensor (if any), electromechanical reversing of the door drive.
- Checking the lighting of the elevator car and landing areas, machine and block rooms, approaches to the premises.
- Checking the function of function buttons, indicator lights, light and sound alarms, and two-way communication.
- Checking the elevator shaft and cabin guards.
- Checking the availability and serviceability of the lock that closes the engine room and block room.
Also, the elevator operator must make sure that all warning labels, rules for the safe operation of the elevator and indication labels are present. All results obtained during the inspection must be recorded in the appropriate log.
What can not be done by a worker?
Job descriptions indicate not only what the employee must do. A well-written document provides for a number of specific prohibitions, violationwhich may be the reason for the recovery or other form of punishment of the worker.
The elevator operator must not do the following things:
- To leave the workplace without the need to service the elevators entrusted to him.
- Grant access to machinery and block rooms to unauthorized persons, leave these rooms unlocked or hand over keys to unauthorized persons.
- Use machine and block rooms to store foreign objects.
- Incorrectly start the elevator (by affecting the hardware responsible for supplying voltage, or by opening doors, cabins and shafts from landing sites).
The list of prohibitions for the elevator operator also includes touching the moving or open current-carrying parts of the elevator, self-repairing the elevator and violating the safety devices. It is also worth noting that the use of the elevator for other purposes is also a prohibited act.
What are elevator safety rules?
This is a regulatory document, which is a set of rules, regulations and requirements that ensure the normal functioning and further operation of elevators. The relevant sections of the rules describe the principles of design, construction and operation.
Knowing the contents of this document is mandatory for every organization dealing with the installation and maintenance of elevators. Norms, rules and requirementsreveal how each stage of design and construction should proceed.
Lifter is quite a responsible profession. Not only the serviceability of the equipment, but sometimes the lives of other people depend on the quality of the performance of immediate duties. This is said in all existing lifter courses. Therefore, it is worth knowing and remembering all the rules and subtleties of work, which are often prescribed in job descriptions.